• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tethering

badnaam

Mar 11, 2011
Sorry if this has already been answered. But..I can't find a definitive answer anywhere.

1 - How do I make my phone a wireless access point. Htc inspire is rooted, but I can't seem to be able to install wifi tether from market.

2 - How do I connect my phone via a usb cable to my ubuntu 10.1 laptop and use the phone's internet connection.

Thanks much!

Hello.

Lemme ask you something, the Inspire isn't supposed to come with 2.2 (Froyo) installed by default?
If so, why not using the native option, in the Wireless Menu ("Tethering and portable hotspot")?

When I do that, I get a message, tethering is not set up on this sim card..please contact att :thinking:

I do have a grand fathered unlimited data plan and I am planning on using it god d**nit!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones