1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Text alert notificatinos in Velocity 1.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KevNSC, Jun 9, 2011.

1. KevNSC

KevNSC Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    Hey everybody. I'm brand new to the android world. I recently loaded Velocity 1.1 and like it pretty well so far. I am trying to figure out a couple things though and can't seem to find the answer.

First I'm used to getting constant alerts when I get a text message until I view it. I like that feature because I don't always hear the text alert the first time.

Second, I'd like to list my text msgs by date/time and not in groups if that makes sense.

I looked under Messaging and don't see an option to get into settings or anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert
    None

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az
    Download a 3rd party sms app, you need to keep the stock mms.apk but can silence the notifications. Try GoSMS, ChompSMS, or Handcent but i remember handcent being laggy and having issues. My favorite was GOSMS but i switched back to stock because it runs the fastest on this phone.

Also me and other were having trouble with sms dissapearing with 3rd pary apps. Dont know if there was ever a fix. Id assume it had to do with low memory but could say for sure.

KevNSC likes this.
Tags: