1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Text and Social Media

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Butterfingers, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Lurker
    None

Sep 11, 2017
    Hello, I just got the LG G6 two nights ago, I was very excited about this but I'm a bit bummed right now. I had an HTC9, went to LG Stylo and then Samsung S7 to the LG G6.

One of the first things I noticed, after I did the updates, I only uploaded IG and FB on here, I noticed a lot of lagging when I would scroll through the msg feed on my social media, its worst on my text msgs, is that normal? All my other phones scroll through very smooth NO ISSUES, this would stop, go then stop, jolt a bit etc. Is it safe to say an exchange is necessary?

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    I use Google's messages for text and I just opened a thread from a buddy that goes back to 2012 (imported, obviously) with close to 2,000 messages and loaded with images and it scrolls quickly and fluidly. Opened a thread from the Mrs. and it's got over 3,000 messages and the same. Maybe try a different Messaging app?

With social media, it's got to d/l all the new data and cache the old, or, yeah there will be stuttering, especially on a slow data connection.

That said, I've never seen any kind of lag with this phone, so you might want to look at a replacement sooner than later if you can convince the store that it's a flaw.

Hadron likes this.

LG G6

The LG G6 dropped the modular design from the G5. It was one of the first with a 18:9 display. Specs include a Snapdragon 821 processor, 4GB of RAM, dual cameras, and 3,300mAh battery.