• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

text bot... text spam... mass texts?

A while ago I found an app that would text phone numbers of your choice with "X" amount of texts. You would just fill in the text box, specify how many texts, and the frequency of the texts....... and voila! Instant gratification of seeing my friends phone blow up because he couldn't delete them as quickly as they were coming in.

I want to find this again for some innocent playing around with someone, not going to harm anyone :)

I would prefer to find the original free version, but paid version is fine too. As long as you can personalize the text field, and set the number of texts, I'd be happy. The one I had you could set an almost unlimited number of texts, so I'd usually do them 75 texts at a time. As long as it'll let you do more than 50, it would be perfect :)

Thanks for anyone that can help me. Oh and I already tried searching for it, with the words in the subject line, and so far nothing relevant.

Does this app cause every text to be from a random number with a different area code? I just started getting a barrage of texts from different numbers. The first text had my name in it, so someone either hacked my account to get my name or, more likely, it was someone I know. I had to change my number to get it to stop.

Just wondering what could have caused this. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Thank you! Do you have any more info about this app? I tried to look it up but I can't find anything.

Yup! basically what it does is you set a person's #, and then you can set a spoof # and then you enter a message. So then the person will get a text from whoever you set the spoof # to. They use tokens, but you can easily bypass that by using a proxy server, and what not :p

Upvote 0
Yup! basically what it does is you set a person's #, and then you can set a spoof # and then you enter a message. So then the person will get a text from whoever you set the spoof # to. They use tokens, but you can easily bypass that by using a proxy server, and what not :p

So, would this allow the user to send a barrage of varying texts? I was receiving like 2 texts per second, and each one was from a different number.

Upvote 0
Hello there guys, I have been using Group SMS pro and Mass Text Personalizer, the problem with Group SMS pro is that I still have to pick all my contact one by one and then send out the text to all at once hence why I got the Mass Text Personalizer app which allow me to group my contacts alphabetically and this way I can send mass text to all group or individually group at once but the problem I am having with this one is that it always tell me that a large number of SMS is being sent, click ok to continue or cancel to stop and whenever I click ok, I will get the message that message could not be sent to recipients and none one will get the message. This is the same problem I go through whenever I use the app, sometimes, the app will send out text successfully to group A but after that no email will be sent again to any other groups without getting the same message again and again. Please can anyone recommend a better app or tell what I am doing wrong with the Mass Text personalizer as I wish to continue using it if I can find a solution the problem. Thanks very much in advance

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones