• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text Editing Question

Hey guys,

I've been an avid "texter" for years. Now with my Droid (2.0.1) I've been also texting a lot. Every once in a while I type and it messes up but I don't notice. When I try to go back to where I messed up (using the touch screen, as I do not like the QWERTY keypad at ALL and never use it), it takes forever to get the cursor to go where I want it to go so that I can edit what I want to edit. I know that with the Iphone it brings up a zoomed in version of what you're trying to select or where you are trying to put the cursor.

Is there an app for something like this? I couldn't find another thread on it. I'd pay $10 for it as I am quite frustrated by this entire thing! :mad:

~thenapolitan

I'm with you on this one, thenapolitan. I'm so sick of tapping around trying to get the cursor where I want it. This seems like such an obvious omission from the platform that I'm really surprised it wasn't fixed with 2.1. If nothing else, just copy iPhone's simple magnifying-glass solution.

Oh, and as much as I love my DROID...and I love it A LOT!...I agree that the physical keyboard is virtually useless. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones