1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Text editor with customizable BG and FG colors

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by drmoreau, Jan 27, 2014.

1. drmoreau

drmoreau Lurker
    None

Jan 27, 2014
    Been looking for something similar to FocusWriter for some time for my phone and tablet.

As an author I find it difficult to stare at a white screen with black text for hours on end but I can't seem to find an app to fit my needs.

Here is what I'm looking for:

1. Full-screen text editor (mostly to be used with external keyboard) that has a customizable background and foreground color. My personal favorite is a black BG with orange text. It's easy on the eyes. The ability to use an image as a background would be nice, but not necessary.

2. Spellcheck would be nice but not a necessity.

3. Ability to save to RTF (to preserve basic formatting like italic text) would be very nice but again not totally necessary. Still, needs to be able to save to some format that my PC also understands, so at least TXT.

4. Google Docs/Drive integration would be incredibly awesome so that I could edit my stuff directly from there and not have to worry about transferring files back and forth between devices but I understand if this is also not possible.

Is there ANY possibility that someone could make an app like this? This would be so useful to authors who need to use a device with a long battery life like a phone or tablet some times.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. minooch

minooch Lurker
    None

Feb 3, 2014