1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Text font and clarity...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anticipator, May 28, 2011.

1. anticipator

anticipator Member
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    Bought a DX2 and played with it all day yesterday. Really like the customization, enjoyed playing with settings, good reception etc. A big negative so far is the font size is really small and not "sharp" when browsing the web and viewing emails. Granted one can re-size the webpage, but it a "sharpness" readability factor is just not there. Also, there is no way that I can find to re-size emails to make them easier to read. I put my phone next to a buddy who has an iphone. I'm not an iphone fanboy but his text font and sharpness was very noticeably better than what is on the DX2. Showed it to another person and they agreed of the difference. Anybody have any ideas on this? Regarding the phone's call quality, people tell me that I sound crystal clear to them, but what I'm hearing thru the phones ear speaker is kinda muddled, muffled like.

Advertisement

2. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert
    None

Oct 6, 2009
    Gmail allows you to set the font size in the email...see settings. I believe the Email app supports that as well, in the DX2 (does on my D2).

Can't help you w/the other issues...when I've used my wife's phone the text has been fine for me, and call quality coming and going on hers is very nice...

anticipator likes this.
  3. Teegunn

Teegunn Android Expert
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    Male
    Since the DX2 is a sharper display, all you can do is alter the font sizes. I just compared, side by side, my DX1, DX2, LG Revolution and Droid Charge..... of all the displays I would say the DX2 was the winner, with my DX1 in second, the IPS of the LG Revolution in third, and surprisingly the sAmoled of the Charge in last. I love the saturation of the sAmoled, however, the whites are SO dim, I just can't prefer it overall. I much prefer the brighter backlit displays of the X and X2. The X2 was slightly "whiter" (the colors of the DX2 seem a tad bit brighter) than the DX. The overall brightness was about the same, but I think the whites on the DX2 are whiter and overall the DX2 display has a little better colors.

anticipator likes this.
  4. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    I have been using the Incredible for over a year, which sucks for text clarity with smaller fonts. The DX2 is far better, so I am happy.

In order to get fonts where I can not read them on the DX2, they need to be small to the point of not being able to read them anyway. Some of you folks must have eagle eyes.

anticipator likes this.
  5. anticipator

anticipator Member
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't realize that there was a font setting in the mobile version of gmail. Adjusted that to"normal" and reading the emails are much easier. The clarity is pretty good overall though upon using the phone more, or I'm just becoming used to it. I still love the phone, but just wish the call clarity in the earpiece was better so that it doesn't sound boxy. So used to the call quality on an older Nokia that I was reluctant to give up because of terrific call clarity.