• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text forwarding using the contact list?

Prophesy

Lurker
May 22, 2010
Ok so I know this is probably basic but I have to ask anyway. When I want to forward a picture or text message to someone else on my contact list I always have to enter information in the "To" box.
(Example)
In this instance, I want to forward a text message to "Bryan." I hold down the message until the "Forward" option pops up and I select that. In this "To" box I type Bryan and nothing comes up but the number's corresponding number (B=2, R=7, etc) I do not get a drop down list giving me Bryan's name. For any text message I send I have to know the complete number of who I'm wanting to forward it to. Is there a setting I need to adjust? Or is there a app that will give me the option of bringing up my contact list so I can just select the person I want to send to via touch screen? Its very annoying.

I have searched and read that most people can just type the first few letters of a name or number and get a list of people from the contact list to choose from on the contact list however I never get anyone :thinking: Thank you for any information.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones