• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text Issue - Not sending and/or receving all texts??

Jsorensen

Lurker
Jun 10, 2010
Ported over from AT&T on Tuesday and as of today I'm not able to send or receive all texts. I had a friend sit right next to me who has AT&T and we exchanged texts with some coming through on the Evo and some simply never did. Same thing when sending from the Evo. Does anyone know what is causing this? I have had other friends tell me they text and I never got it.

Any help/discussion would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Ported over from AT&T on Tuesday and as of today I'm not able to send or receive all texts. I had a friend sit right next to me who has AT&T and we exchanged texts with some coming through on the Evo and some simply never did. Same thing when sending from the Evo. Does anyone know what is causing this? I have had other friends tell me they text and I never got it.

Any help/discussion would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Update your PRL

Reactions: Jsorensen
Upvote 0
Twistax, your suggestion appears to have fixed the problem. Thank you! For those of you who are having this same issue here are the steps that fixed my problem:

Settings, system updates, update PRL. I have no idea what a PRL is but as soon as it updated I began receiving all of my texts. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones