1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Text Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Redc95, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Redc95

Redc95 Lurker

Hello, i have been browsing this forum for quite a while now, hoping for a fix to my issue, i have checked several threads but it seems no one has the same problem as me.

I am running android 2.3.3 it is the legit firmware from Kies, my problem is when texting sometimes i will recieve a reply an hour late or meerly 10 minutes late, the other problem is that more often then not my texts do not deliever to the person i am trying to text and this does not only happen to one individual it happens to whomever i text. Right now i am waiting for a reply which i know was sent too me 10 minutes ago. I am using the stock sms application. I have turned off packet data, no difference, reset the phone to its factory defaults, no difference.

Thank you in advance for any help that may come my way.

EDIT -I have not just rooted the phone and upgraded to gingerbread 2.3.5 through odin, i will let you all know if it makes a difference.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. That's a strange one. Even a factory reset didn't do it? One thing I suggest you do is go to settings > applications > manage applications and click the all tab. Scroll down and look for messaging, click on it then click clear data. Make sure you have a backup.

If that doesn't work check your sim card and contact your network provider. It might just be the network.

Hope this helps

Let me know how you get on, as I've never seen a problem like this before.

3. Redc95

Redc95 Lurker

Thank you for the reply, i contacted the carrier, t-mobile they said it is normal for texts to delay, etc avoiding the actuall problem. Since the flash through odin it has failed to text one number, they're being sent to this number but not recieved, however i feel this may be due to their phone not mine. I have just cleared the messages data and i will let you know on any developments, thank you.

4. Redc95

Redc95 Lurker

At the moment a text's delivery status is on requested, which means it has not been recieved and it is not a fault with there phone.

5. So it has be something to do with the network? It could also be the networking chip in your phone?

6. Redc95

Redc95 Lurker

I am not sure, all i know is i have to wait for the individual to text me again for all the messages to get delieved.

7. Have you tried another t mobile sim in the phone, to see if it does the same thing?

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews