1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Text lag

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zumaki, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Zumaki

Zumaki Android Enthusiast

Since switching to the EVO, my text messages take longer to arrive, and if friends send multiple messages, it'll take part 2 or 3 an extra few minutes to arrive, leading me to make stupid/embarassing replies when I don't have all the info yet. The lagged messages even come in with old timestamps, and thread themselves back above my replies.

I never got lagged texts on the Moment, and this thing's way faster. What's going on? My bro's EVO does the same thing.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Do you have a lot of old messages? I have found, if you delete a lot of old messages, the messaging program will run faster. Also, you should call sprint about this. They can put a trouble ticket in, and see if the towers in your area arent sending the texts to your phone in time.

3. Zumaki

Zumaki Android Enthusiast

I just got the phone, so I maybe have 100 texts across all threads.

I'm not really sure what the priority setting is for (in messaging options), but I changed it to high to see if that changes anything.

Edit: as I suspected, making it high priority just makes my texts have a ! next to them. No help. Bugger.

4. call sprint customer service. they will reset your network connection and put a trouble ticket in .

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Also update your prl and data profile. Check for system updates too. Sprints network has been hit or miss buggy across the nation. Make sure and call in for the trouble ticket as well

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews