1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Text meassaging screwed up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by deviant design, Nov 26, 2011.

1. deviant design

None

Nov 26, 2011
    Ive just updated the phone about a month ago and recently the text meassaging just not got screwed up. One day when I opened it the key board was on some symbol keybard. it now switches between this symbol keyboard and standard text, but predictive text doesnt work and auto capitalation doesnt work either. All setting are set to english so I'm kinda stumped as to whats wrong. I'm not a phone guy and just want it to work I dont need it to do anything special.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Advertisement

2. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    Hit Menu button and open up the Settings menu. From there open Language and Keyboard settings, and click into Default Input.

Under Writing Languages, make sure only English has a checkmark beside it. If you have two keyboards, this is probably where it is.

Click under Quick Text Settings. What option do you have selected under Word Suggestions?

deviant design likes this.
  3. deviant design

None

Nov 26, 2011
    I checked all of those areas and it all seems to be where it should be. Only english is checked and spelling correction is on with all the individual setting checked also (learn words, next word suggestion and Quickfixes). Any other ideas? Thank you

4. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    Maybe there is another app installed that imported something.

If you open a new message and in the message window, if you long hold in the blank area where you type, it should open up an Edit Text popup. In there, does it only have 1 input method? Or are there 2 input methods?

The easiest way to fix the problem is too back everything up (contacts and stuff) and do a factory reset. But then you have to redownload everything else.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

5. prassu

prassu Guest
    None
    Have you tried long pressing on the message box,select Input Method.This would show three options - Chinese keyboard,default input & Japanese keyboard.. Mine is default Input..

Also are you on 2.3 version of android?