1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Text Messagae and Phone call issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mreortiz, Jul 24, 2011.

1. mreortiz

mreortiz Member
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    teacher
    Whitehall, PA
    Hello everyone, I have an HTC EVO 4G and starting on July 21st I noted my text messages were acting up. I my text messages were failing when I sent them which caused me to resend text messages multiple times. In a four day span I would say I had 15-20 messages that "failed" when I tried sending them. Also, my text messages are arriving with a 3 or 5 and sometimes even 10 minute delay! That goes for both picture and regular text. I also have had issues with my phone not ringing. Now if the phone doesn't ring then it really isn't a phone right? Anyway, the sprint store ran some diagnostic test and said the phone checked out ok and they are attributing my issues to the gingerbread update. My wife also has an EVO and her EVO is fine, but is also running 2.2 still, she hasn't updated yet. I've had the gingerbread for at least a month now, can it be causing my issues? Sprint has order me a replacement phone so hopefully it doesn't have the same issues. Also, would rooting my phone help with my issues? Thanks for any and all help you wonderful people offer up.

mreortiz

Advertisement

2. tennispro4ever

tennispro4ever Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 30, 2009
    Pharmacy Technician Healthcare. Family Pharmacy.
    Ozark, Missouri
    No problems here. Been on my Evo all day today. Texting & data both 3G and 4G work fine for me no problems. I'm located in Ozark, Missouri currently running Gingerbread.

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    have you tried updating your prl and profile? since you have a new one coming from sprint my guess is yes, but i had to ask. also with a new one on the way, it will most likely will have gingerbread 2.3.3 installed all ready. if that is so then you can't root your phone. an exploit has not been found for gingerbread yet.

4. kitkat503

kitkat503 Lurker
    None

I have the Evo and had the same issue briefly. If you go to Settings<System Updates<and update PRL and Profile like ocnbrze said, you should have no more issues :)

5. mreortiz

mreortiz Member
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    teacher
    Whitehall, PA
    Thanks for all the help everyone! I appreciate it.

Tags: