1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Text message coding help!!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Xxxxx ttttttt, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Xxxxx ttttttt

None
    So I transfered saved text messages from my Samsung Galaxy 6 to my computer running on Vista. I tried opening them and I have NO IDEA what program to use or what to do to view them correctly. They are all coded. If anyone out there could help me, I would be so grateful. Thanks in advance for looking and possibly helping. :):thumbsupdroid:

Advertisement

2. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Android Expert

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    What did you use to backup? you will need to use the same app to restore. Unfortunately it is not as simple as just copying and pasting text files, AFAIK there is no way to do that.

3. RC1221

RC1221 Lurker
    None

Feb 18, 2016
    Female
    really it is not? so it is not like copying and pasting a picturing? because that works? it looks like all stuff is there? I didnt use an app? So I am confused then I still have more? What exactly is the proper technique?

4. SavageRobot

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    No, as far as I know there is no way to restore like that. If you search sms backup in play store there will be several apps that will backup and restore but I doubt you will be able to restore from how you have done it now :( may be wrong but not as far as I know.

5. RC1221

RC1221 Lurker
    None

Feb 18, 2016
    Female
    okay thanks for your help, I appreciate it! I guess I should have asked first before doing so. I just thought it was that simple. Hopefully more people do come along and can help me out.. The messages are broken down into KB. I got the picture messages like I said. If I cant retrieve them okay. :( I would just like to know for certain. And for the future how to do it right, if someone could help me with that at least.

6. SavageRobot

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    I think when I first started rooting etc to need backups I thought it might be a case of copy and paste too, found out the hard way like yourself. Well I've used https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore a few times for backup and restore, it's not worked properly a couple of times, there's probably better ones but if you search sms backup you'll find some, check through reviews.