• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text message coding help!!

X

Xxxxx ttttttt

So I transfered saved text messages from my Samsung Galaxy 6 to my computer running on Vista. I tried opening them and I have NO IDEA what program to use or what to do to view them correctly. They are all coded. If anyone out there could help me, I would be so grateful. Thanks in advance for looking and possibly helping. :):thumbsupdroid:

okay thanks for your help, I appreciate it! I guess I should have asked first before doing so. I just thought it was that simple. Hopefully more people do come along and can help me out.. The messages are broken down into KB. I got the picture messages like I said. If I cant retrieve them okay. :( I would just like to know for certain. And for the future how to do it right, if someone could help me with that at least.

Upvote 0
I think when I first started rooting etc to need backups I thought it might be a case of copy and paste too, found out the hard way like yourself. Well I've used https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore a few times for backup and restore, it's not worked properly a couple of times, there's probably better ones but if you search sms backup you'll find some, check through reviews.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones