1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Text message memory full

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by TheMaverick53, Apr 11, 2012.

1. TheMaverick53

TheMaverick53 Member

Is there a way of deleting my text message using the PC? Its says it is full but wont delete them.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Which message app are you using? I didn't even know there was a limit, unless the internal storage ran out.

One thought: have you tried deleting threads rather than individual messages?

3. TheMaverick53

TheMaverick53 Member

I'm using an Orange san Fransisco with the email app that came with it i think

4. i3i

i3i Newbie

I'm guessing here but you may have to delete text messages using the actual phone.

5. mpw

mpw Android Expert

If that handset is Android you might find that it IS trying to delete the texts,but taking an a-g-e.

For some reason deleting SMSs on Android phones I've had is a very slow process, there are apps I'm the Market that will help.

Odd thing is my old Symbian never seemed to reach its limit, if there was one, and would delete just fine.

6. TheMaverick53

TheMaverick53 Member

No it just comes up with forced closure when I try and delete one.

7. TheMaverick53

TheMaverick53 Member

Having managed to delete all visible textsa I am still getting text messages saying txtxs cant be delived because the inbox is full.

8. TheMaverick53

TheMaverick53 Member

Eventually sorted after removing some software - thanks all

9. andybarn46

andybarn46 Lurker

I have viewpad 7. It was coming up with text full message even though I had cleared all messages. I had around 4mb free memory, then went into 'Messaging' under 'All' under 'Manage applications' under 'Settings' tab and clicked Clear data, and deleted an old app and messaging is working again.
    So its the device memory that seems to have been insufficient for new messages. Free memory now around 18Mb