• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text Message Notification not working

Hello fellow Eris owners, hopefully you can help me out. The Notification tone doesn't sound nor does the trackball flash when my mom receives a text message. I don't have a clue as to why this is occurring because her phone is setup just like mine and my phone is in proper working order. The OS is up to date. Thank you very much! :)

Brandon
my weight only stirs the ground

Hello Lim.. welcome to the forum and congrats on your first post. I believe I'd try pulling the battery out of your mother's phone... waiting a few.. then replacing it and power up. Sometime a soft reboot will cure little problems like you describe. Another place to look would be in the settings for notifications to make sure they are the same on both phones. Best of luck and thanks for joining our ranks.

Reactions: Lim Tambesis
Upvote 0
You can check the notification settings in the Messages app. Menu->settings. Make sure that "Received notification" is checked; "Play notification" is checked; that there is a notification sound selected. Then go home, press menu->settings->sound & display->Ringer volume and make sure that the notification volume is either set to "use incoming call volume for notifications" or that the notification volume is sufficiently high to hear the tone.

Reactions: Lim Tambesis
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones