1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Text Message Notification not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lim Tambesis, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Lim Tambesis

Lim Tambesis Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Hello fellow Eris owners, hopefully you can help me out. The Notification tone doesn't sound nor does the trackball flash when my mom receives a text message. I don't have a clue as to why this is occurring because her phone is setup just like mine and my phone is in proper working order. The OS is up to date. Thank you very much! :)

Brandon
    my weight only stirs the ground

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello Lim.. welcome to the forum and congrats on your first post. I believe I'd try pulling the battery out of your mother's phone... waiting a few.. then replacing it and power up. Sometime a soft reboot will cure little problems like you describe. Another place to look would be in the settings for notifications to make sure they are the same on both phones. Best of luck and thanks for joining our ranks.

Lim Tambesis likes this.
  3. doogald

doogald Android Expert

Jan 7, 2010
    You can check the notification settings in the Messages app. Menu->settings. Make sure that "Received notification" is checked; "Play notification" is checked; that there is a notification sound selected. Then go home, press menu->settings->sound & display->Ringer volume and make sure that the notification volume is either set to "use incoming call volume for notifications" or that the notification volume is sufficiently high to hear the tone.

Lim Tambesis likes this.
  4. Lim Tambesis

Lim Tambesis Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    jesus christ, i didn't even think to try that, :eek:. thanks to both of you for the replies.