1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Text Message Notification

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by TKingKon, Mar 9, 2016.

1. TKingKon

TKingKon Lurker
    None

Mar 9, 2016
    How come on my lock screen and notification centre my texts messages all show up on one card? Is there a way to make them show up separate. maybe something like iOS?

I get the notification "New Message" whereas before the upgrade I was able to see part of the actual message content (and sender) on the lock screen or status list without having to open the message

Advertisement

#1 TKingKon, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    If you want advice wrt "the upgrade" you'll have to tell us which device and which update.

How message notifications display depends on the message app as well as the system software. Check your message app's settings for any privacy options, for example. If you can't make it show what you want, try a different message app, because mine do show the content (chomp sms, no privacy set in notifications).

As for the cards thing, if by notification centre you means the pull-down shade then at least with the manufacturer/version/ROM I'm using I don't know a way of having all show separately (and thereby swamping other notifications if you leave the phone for a while). That last aside is the reason notifications get grouped by app rather than each app posting multiple notifications. If there is a mod to do that then I'm sure root will be required.