1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Text Message Notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jonous101, Feb 13, 2011.

1. jonous101

jonous101 Member

Hey guys, i don't know if anyone else is having this problem and it's only intermitent. Sometimes when i receive a text message, it doesn't alert me, no blinking, no noise, no vibrate, no icon at the top of the screen. Then later i might receive another text message, and it will alert me. Then when i go to my inbox, i'll have that green '1' twice, showing my two messages.
    I've checked my notification settings and nothing has changed. It only started a few weeks ago and probably happens a few times a week.
    Is it just me?
    Cheers x

Advertisement

2. -_aj_-

-_aj_- Lurker

Yeah I have this problem mines getting more frequent, its because of the last update and so far there is no date to fix the problem

3. john_g

john_g Android Enthusiast

This is a known issue with the v2.2.1 firmware and it's been discussed here at length - it's always a good idea to do a search before starting a new thread.

There are two work-arounds:

1. Use a different SMS program - there are loads to choose from in the Market, many of which are free.

2. Use "SMS Popup" to manage the notifications. This is also available from the Market and is free.

The 2.2.1 firmware has caused numerous problems and HTC have withdrawn it. The next firmware should, hopefully, resolve all these issues, but no release date or details have yet been given.