1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Text Message notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KBent, Dec 26, 2012.

1. KBent

KBent Member

Is anyone else having an issue with text message notifications? I use the stock messaging app. I don't get a notification, I don't have the little envelope in the notification bar at the top of the phone. No number on the app icon, but then I open messages and low and behold I have new messages.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

This happens to me occasionally. However, it's happened a lot less often since an update I got back in august. Are you sure your device is completely up to date?

KBent likes this.
  3. KBent

KBent Member

It turns out my phone was not up to date. Apparently I got the update, but for some reason it did not install on the phone. I called HTC, they were able to walk me thru getting the update again using "checkin". It downloaded, but I never got the Install now question. So I had to go to their site, download a "ROM" program which basically did a factory reset, and installed the latest version of the software. So I should be good now, but I have to reset up my phone again. Not a bad thing necessarily.

Thanks for your reply!

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews