• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text message popup...

I searched for a solution for this but I found no reference to it...

When I receive a text message, it displays a gray popup box with the text and buttons to "close" or "reply". I want to turn this off. It's often slow and sometimes pops up while I'm already typing my reply.

I've gone into the messaging settings and turned off everything that I figured could be related to that. I even turned off Auto-retrieve, but I still get those gray popups. I would really like to have them turned off.

If you could help me, or direct me to a thread I missed that could help me, I would really appreciate it.

I will continue to look for a solution while I wait for a response. Thank you.

It's the Motorola Droid through Verizon.

Well, I had installed ChompSMS, and my friend (who also has a droid) said it must be Chomp because he doesn't get the popups. I doubted this, but I uninstalled chomp anyway... and rebooted my phone... and I still get them.

It's really annoying, and what makes it even more so is that I can't figure out how to rid myself of them. The little icon in the status bar is really all I need, and I don't need a popup to display the message to me.

I still haven't found a solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones