1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Text message privacy

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cutepoison, Dec 3, 2009.

1. cutepoison

cutepoison New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Hello all,

I have a question and I've been searching for the answer for days now. I hope you can help me. I did use the search button but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

My problem is: the privacy of the text messages on the HTC Hero. I didn't want everyone to read the message at the top left of my screen, so I tried other sms apps. However, I can't figure out if it's possible to get a pop up when I recieve a new message WITHOUT the entire message immediatly displayed. I just want a pop-up like: 'new message from ...' cause I find it annoying that everyone can read the content of my texts when I recieve one!

Is there an app where this is possible? I really hope you can help me out, thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. SirGaz

SirGaz Active Member

Jul 28, 2009
    You could not leave your phone lying around for others to see.

Seriously though, I don't think there is an app that does that. Although you could turn off the notifications altogether

3. JimR123

JimR123 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    UK
    I know what you mean. I think there is another SMS app that stops it, but I couldn't tell you which one. I think it was also on this forum that I read about it, but I couldn't tell you which thread it was.

Hope I helped...

Tags: