1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

TEXT message reminder

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Walter, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Walter

Walter Lurker

How can I set up a reminder sound for received TEXT messages that I have not read on the Samsung Galaxy J5?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I don't know the Samsung message app, but if there isn't an option in that app's notification settings then using a different message app is your best bet. Chomp, which I use, as the option to repeat the alert at an interval of your choice (1 minute to 1 hour) up to a maximum number of times that you specify (or indefinitely), and I expect there are others with similar options.

Walter likes this.
  3. Walter

Walter Lurker

A silly question but how do I get the message app that you mention and installed on my J5?

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

On your messaging app, open up settings, go to notifications, then message alert repetition. Since the J5 is dual sim, you need to configure this for both sims. Set it to one of the options (every 2, or every 10minutes). Then the phone will ring again every 2 or 10 minutes as long as you have an unread message.

To install an app, any app, just open Google Play Store, search for the app you want, and click install.

Walter likes this.
  5. Walter

Walter Lurker

I down loaded chomp and installed it my J5 but it is a game! I have now uninstalled it

6. Walter

Walter Lurker

I have now installed chompsms which seams to work fine, I just need to set the repeats time up.
    Thanks

Hadron likes this.
  7. Walter

Walter Lurker

I have installed Chompsms but the problem is the message notifications that I need because I am hearing impaired is no longer available using chompsms

8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Read my previous post. You don't need to use ChompSMS for reminders. The built in Messaging app has them.

9. Walter

Walter Lurker

I have setup the notification repeats in the J5 settings built in message app to 5 minutes but I still do not get any repeats sounds as quotes in an email from Samsung support This is the contents of the message from Samsung support:

""In regards to your query, can you please follow the next steps:
    1. Go into Settings
    2. Scroll down and tap Accessibility
    3. Tap Notification Reminder
    4. Scroll to Turn on at the top
    5. Tap Reminder Interval and you can then choose from the relevant options.""

Walter

10. Gerry holland

Gerry holland Lurker

Thank you for this great