• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text Message Secretary for Android?

brashquido

Lurker
Jul 13, 2010
Hi All,

Just made the move to Android via a HTC Desire from my old Windows Mobile based Samsung Omnia, and I'm not missing the old phone apart from one application. I work in IT support and get notifications around the clock via SMS of any important issues, and therefore important I am woken up should circumstances warrant it.

On my Windows Mobile phone I had an application called Text Message Secretary which enabled me to create rules where if defined conditions are met I can get the phone to perform various functions automatically. For me I basically had a rule that would check the content of incoming messages and if certain strings where found the content would be forwarded to my email address and a particularly loud alert would play that was almost guaranteed to wake me up.

Just wondering if anything like this exists for Android?

I have a similar requirement. I too am in IT and actually have a couple clients and in both cases TEXTS blasts are used for off hours notifications.

The problem is these texts come 24*7*365 and I am only responsible for 10 days per month.

So, I would like to be able to set it up create individual alerts per client or turn a paticular client alert off all together if I am not on rotation.

In addition I would like to be able to recieve and hear notification for PERSONAL texts with an all together different tone which would work all the time.

My current solution is 2 phones and a pager.

My goal is 1 phone. I am looking at DROID and the dreaded IPHONE and if I can 100% confirm that I can get down to 1 phone to serve all requirments I am ready to make the purchase.

Thanks in advance for any input

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones