1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Text Message Virus?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Android Question

Hello, I have a ALCATEL One Touch 960c. Love the phone but think I've got a message virus of some sort. The text message will randomly show up in a recently used text thread and sometimes appears after a message post in Facebook. The text states as this:

Hidden sender address:
    Message size: 0KB
    Expires: Dec 31,1969
    And there is a "download" box also.

I have deleted these text but they always reappear and when I try to look at message details it force closes text messaging. I have cleared cashes, but nothing so harsh as factory reset as of yet. I called my carrier, Mobile Nation tech support and they said they never heard of such a thing and said to do a factory reset. I hate to lose all my pics and don't want to download anything from phone to my computer.

Anyone else ever had an experience with this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Doesn't look like a virus to me, it looks more like commercial spam being sent by someone who thinks that fire is the latest invention. It has a banged header, no file size and a bad date. It's no wonder that even a half-sane email client chokes on it. Some email programs allow you to see the entire header of the email. See if you can find one (if it's in your gmail account, or any account you can run a POP3 account on) a program like Agent will run on your computer, allow you to access the email and show you all the headers). Then copy all the headers and send them to your email provider (Google or whomever) and see if they can block that address as a spam source.

scary alien likes this.