• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

text message volume

I had the same problem with ringtones and message alerts. Particularly those that I had downloaded from Zedge. They all seemed a little too quiet on the SGSII and Nexus One.

My solution was to...

1) Copy the tones to my PC desktop.

2) Download and install the very useful, and free, Format Factory to my PC. See here:-

Format Factory - Free media file format converter

3) On Format Factory I selected Audio and MP3 (it can handle a whole range of audio/video formats) and added a ringtone file from the desktop.

4) I then select Output settings and can then choose High Quality and increase the volume of the ringtone to 150% or 200%.

5) Once the conversion has taken place I can then place it back on my SGSII and the low volume problem is solved.

I also use Format Factory for simple editing of video's.

Format Factory is a multifunctional media converter.
Provides functions below:
All to MP4/3GP/MPG/AVI/WMV/FLV/SWF.
All to MP3/WMA/AMR/OGG/AAC/WAV.
All to JPG/BMP/PNG/TIF/ICO/GIF/TGA.
Rip DVD to video file , Rip Music CD to audio file.
MP4 files support iPod/iPhone/PSP/BlackBerry format.
Supports RMVB,Watermark, AV Mux.
Format Factory's Feature:
1 support converting all popular video,audio,picture formats to others.
2 Repair damaged video and audio file.
3 Reducing Multimedia file size.
4 Support iphone,ipod multimedia file formats.
5 Picture converting supports Zoom,Rotate/Flip,tags.
6 DVD Ripper.
7 Supports 56 languages
OS requirements: All Windows OS

Hope this helps. :D

Upvote 0
I have the same problem, but I have the galaxy gio.

The notifications are really quiet even if i put everything on max volume. The sounds themselves aren't quiet because if i open them from "my files" on the phone and play it from there, it is very loud. Probably at least twice as loud, and more close to the ringer volume. That might have something to do with the max media volume being 15, and the notifications being 7.

I've also tried apps like quick settings to link the ring volume to the notifications but that doesnt help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones