1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Text Message wasn't sent...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Palmetto Fellow, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Android Expert

I sent a text message this morning, and then turned the screen off. About 7 minutes later, I turned the screen back on to a notice a "network signal wasn't found" message and I had the option to hit the OK button. Upon doing that, my text message from 7 minutes ago gets sent.

I'm wondering:

Why the hell didn't it send it when the network was re-established? I know it didn't take 7 minutes for me to get back into a good signal area...maybe 10 seconds at most. Is this typical? Does this phone not automatically send pending texts when the signal is re-established? Why wait on the user to OK the fact that the network was down momentarily...just send the damn thing already.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

With go sms anyway, no, not for me. The message fails and i have to long press it and hit resend :thumbup:

3. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Android Expert

What's the reasoning behind this? Just send the damn thing when the network becomes available again.

Or maybe, things change...and if it takes even an extra 5 minutes to send, perhaps the message is considered "obsolete". Maybe they thought it would be weird if you receive a text from me stating:

"I'll be there in 5 minutes"

AFTER I've already arrived.

In my particular case, I didn't even have to initiate the re-sending of the text. All I had to do was acknowledge that the network didn't work at some point in the past, and once I did that, the text message went through. I don't get it...just send it whenever there is a connection...or build in a 3 minute window where it will auto-send...and after that, it's manual send.

funkylogik likes this.
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Yeah im not sure of the logic behind it tbh lol. I think the way you suggest is how the old symbian phones did it.. the message would go to "outbox" and stay there until theres a network then send it. Ive never used the samsung stock messanger tbh. With Go, i think it gives me a notification saying message failed or something and if i tap that, it takes me to the conversation thread where i have to resend it.. if im remembering correctly lol :)

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews