• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text Message will not load from notification screen

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

Hi all,

I hope someone may be able to help with this issue that came up today:

I received a SMS text message from my bank today, which notified me as it normally does by showing a text message icon in the bar at the top of the home screen (i.e. the top bar where the time is displayed, wifi, 3G, and signal strength show).

When I swipe down to view the notification, I can see the text message in brief, as usual, and I can read some of the words in the text message that was sent as usual.

If I tap on the text message in the notifications screen to load my messenger app and show the text message in full, a blank message is loaded instead, as if I had tapped an option for creating a new message.

When I load my messenger app on its own (not by clicking on the notification), the new text message is not shown as an option/thread to load, as if it simply wasn't there at all. Yet there's still a text message icon showing in the notification bar at the top of the screen.

If I swipe down to view the notification, and then swipe the text message notification to the side, it is removed from the notification screen, as usual. But, when I load my messenger app on its own, the notification will reappear again at the top of the screen, and I will not be able to see any sign of it in the actual messaging app.

I tried sending a message to the number, to see if that would 'jump start' a thread, but it did not. I tried deleting the thread that was created by sending my text, but that did not stop the notification from appearing.

If anyone knows how I can make this notification go away and stop reappearing, that would be great!!

If you need more information, please let me know.

The phone is an LG Optimus Regard
Model #: LG-LW770
It is running an OS of: 4.0.4
The service provider is Cricket.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones