• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text messages always time-stamped one hour in the future...?

D

Deleted User

So every text message I receive is time-stamped for exactly one hour ahead of when it is actually received. However, all of my sent messages show the correct time. This is causing the order in which the messages are displayed to be incorrect, which can be confusing.

I am in the US Central time zone, and so are all the people I have been messaging so far.

Anyone else had this problem?

Mine was doing the same thing except an hour behind. I had mine set to "Network Time" and for some reason the GPS was switching my location from my hometown in the Eastern time zone and Chicago which is in the Central time zone. Check your clock and city on the front and see if yours is switching back and forth from Easter to Central zones as mine was. I changed from "network time" to "device time" and it hasn't done it since. This also made my alarm clock ring an hour late which made me late for a meeting. I wasn't so happy about that!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones