• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text Messages Appear Out of order

Found this to work.
Settings … date and time... Click auto select date and time. Should fix it for you. I had the same issue.

I am wondering if anyone has a similar issue as this:

This doesn't always happen but does frequently. The scenario is described below.

When I first text someone, and they text me back and then I text them back, the exchange of texts appears in order of sent/received just like a conversation. But, after they text me back the second time, ALL of their texts appear above all of my texts. In other words, their incoming texts take the top half of the screen and mine take the bottom half. So I have to end up scrolling up to see their latest text.

Anyone have/had a similar issue and is there a setting for this?

This doesn't always happen but does frequently. The scenario is described below.

When I first text someone, and they text me back and then I text them back, the exchange of texts appears in order of sent/received just like a conversation. But, after they text me back the second time, ALL of their texts appear above all of my texts. In other words, their incoming texts take the top half of the screen and mine take the bottom half. So I have to end up scrolling up to see their latest text.

Upvote 0

SO glad I wasn't the only one. This is so annoying. I did the time thing and it fixed!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones