1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Text messages disappearing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dondula, Feb 21, 2011.

1. dondula

dondula Lurker
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    I don't know if this is a bug in Android or HTC Sense, but on my old Desire all my texts would randomly delete themselves randomly, no where to be found. I've been using my new Inspire for a week now and had restored my texts from my old desire with MyBackup Pro on it. When I woke up this morning again all my new text from the past week have deleted themselves. This is very annoying, I don't have the auto text delete feature on so this shouldn't be happening. I wrote to HTC on this issue, and they just responded with, this is a known issue and as of right now there is no way to get your texts back, then they recommend using a backup program, which I do. My problem is with MyBackup Pro when I restore my MMS's they do not show up in my text threads and there is no where to open them which kinda stinks. I just don't know how htc/google can't fix something as important and basic as making your texts not disappear.

Advertisement

2. windcalmer

windcalmer Newbie
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    Welder
    Had this happen just today with mine. I reset the phone and after the SD card had loaded they showed back up. Might not work for you, but it did for me.