• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text messages from a +1 number

I had this problem when I first got the phone. It was unbelievably annoying and I'm still not sure how or why it happens but here's how you fix it.

Go into your Google Contacts on the web.

Edit all contacts that have +1 in front of their phone numbers (delete the plus 1)

Sync with your phone.

This should replace all numbers in your phone and should fix the problem. Give it a try, it worked for me.

Reactions: sund0wn
Upvote 0
I had this problem when I first got the phone. It was unbelievably annoying and I'm still not sure how or why it happens but here's how you fix it.

Go into your Google Contacts on the web.

Edit all contacts that have +1 in front of their phone numbers (delete the plus 1)

Sync with your phone.

This should replace all numbers in your phone and should fix the problem. Give it a try, it worked for me.

thanks a bunch man. the person having this problem uses this phone for business, and this was causing a whole bunch of problems for him. i am sure he will really appreciate the feedback.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones