1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Text messages getting 'stuck'

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fi_1983, Aug 17, 2011.

1. fi_1983

fi_1983 Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    Hi,

I have an HTC Deisre S on Orange and am having an intermittent problem with receiving text messages. Sometimes when I send a text message to someone I instantly receive a message which they sent me at an earlier time/date but which had failed to arrive.

For example - today I sent someone a message and they did not reply. I sent another message an hour later and as soon as I did, a message appeared in my inbox which had a time stamp from 45 minutes earlier.

This is really frustrating, it doesn't happen all of the time and it has happened with several of my contacts - any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Fi

Advertisement

2. HHPP00

HHPP00 Newbie
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    I have a Desire S on Orange and have exactly the same problem. I don't think it's specific to the Desire S because I have friends on Orange who have the same issue with other phones. I did a bit of research and there's some talk that it may be to do with the recent amalgamation of the T-Mobile and Orange networks.

I realise that's not very helpful, but the more you know... I was going to collect some data (ie the timing of texts, how often it screws up) and call Orange about it soon. Perhaps do the same and see if we can get them noticing this.

3. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    As HHPP00 says, it sounds very much like a network issue more than a phone problem, so I'd call Orange customer support/tech help.

Tags: