1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Text messages going blank after few seconds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by forindooruseonly, Nov 25, 2019.

1. forindooruseonly

Hello, new to android phones and I need some help. I have a S7 Edge that started doing something weird. If I go to a specific person, their text messages will show for a few seconds and then the message part goes blank and just shows an white screen, like the messages disappear. If I send a text, or back out of the app, the messages will show for a few seconds again, but then disappear. I tried restarting, I tried clearing the cache. Neither work and I don't know what else to do. It's my girlfriends number, which makes it worse because I text her the most. Did I mess up a setting or is this a known bug that has a fix? Any help or suggestions would be a great help! Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Try this: –

Go into Settings for messages. Tap on "More settings" and make sure "Delete old messages" is set to Never

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.