1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Text messages I send break up into more than one message. Help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by toshortofnam, Jul 27, 2013.

1. toshortofnam

toshortofnam Newbie
    None

Jul 27, 2013
    I just bought the galaxy s3 for boost mobile. I like it and it's nice but everyone I text they say my messages break up into more than one message. Any idea how to fix that?

Advertisement

2. kevindroid

kevindroid Android Expert
    None

Oct 7, 2010
    Male
    electrician
    baltimore
    first allow me to welcome you to the forums. ihope you enjoy the stay here. boost is sprint which is cdma. text messages are split at about 160 characters. this could be your problem

breadnatty08 likes this.
  3. toshortofnam

toshortofnam Newbie
    None

Jul 27, 2013
    Thank you very much. So I guess I Can't fix it huh? Well when people get my texts they get them out of order. Is there an app that could fix that?

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Are the time settings "auto" in the main settings menu? If not, your device is not receiving any time sync data/update from the provider and the time stamps on outgiong sms can be off a bit, just enough to bork the order received.

5. toshortofnam

toshortofnam Newbie
    None

Jul 27, 2013
    I made sure auto was on. This is just annoying. Any idea if it'll change in the near future?

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

There are texting apps that use wifi instead of your provider's issued phone number for your device. Those apps are available in Play Store.. some are very interesting. I've been using HeyWire (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mediafriends.chime&hl=en) for months now on my wifi only Galaxy Tab. The paid version has no ads.

I've never seen a limit on the number of words in my texts. Maybe there is, but I haven't seen it. ;)

Once you have all your contacts in there, which can be imported after installation of HeyWire, and send a text to each one (bulk send if you want to) with your "texting only" new phone number, you're in with Flint. :D

7. BecomingDeath

BecomingDeath Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2013
    Male
    Anderson, SC
    Actually you can download go SMS pro, handcent, or chomp SMS.

They're pretty good alternatives to the stock messenger apps. They also have settings to number the texts. For example (1/6) each text would have that and you'd just read them in order of what is listed in the parenthesis.