1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Text messages (sms)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Andreasole, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Andreasole

Andreasole Lurker

Hello , iam wondering how to retrieve deleted sms from my A5 , is that possible? Thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Unfortunately if you didn't have some sort of message backup in place, once you delete them they are gone. :(

Andreasole likes this.
  3. Andreasole

Andreasole Lurker

Thanks for the answer but what about those PC programs that you connect them are they working, they call it android recovery data

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I think they could snake-oil and don't work.

Andreasole likes this.
  5. Andreasole

Andreasole Lurker

Sorry i dont understand, snake-oil????

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Meaning fake software, that promises to do something, but it doesn't. FYI where "snake-oil" comes from... :)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_oil

SMSs are all stored in a single database file in /system, so if an SMS(a record) is deleted from the database file, it's gone forever. It's not like doing undelete on a PC, where it's only changing something in the directory that tells Windows a file is deleted, but the file data is still there until overwritten.

#6 mikedt, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Andreasole likes this.
  7. Andreasole

Andreasole Lurker

Ok so finish , without a back up nothing comes back. Thanks a lot for the replay :)

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) release date was January 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7880 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

January 2017
Release Date
Reviews