• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text Messages

Tigger 1

Oct 18, 2010
Let me start by saying that I am new to Android and the forum:D
Now my question. Is there any way to have my text messages arranged in the order of the conversation not I said - they said.
I have found a workaround for everything else please tell me how to fix this:thinking:

I'm really not getting what you are saying. In the stock message and any messaging app, it lists your convos in a threaded form.

Person A
Person B
Person C
etc
etc

Then in each thread it shows the messages in order with showing your sent message along with the received message from that person with all the newest messages at the bottom and the older messages at the top of the convo.

Upvote 0
He is saying his are not working right. I've yet to see this on any of our evos. Backup impotant messages and clear the data by going to menu settings applications. Manage find messages clear data.

Personally I use handcent

I'm really not getting what you are saying. In the stock message and any messaging app, it lists your convos in a threaded form.

Person A
Person B
Person C
etc
etc

Then in each thread it shows the messages in order with showing your sent message along with the received message from that person with all the newest messages at the bottom and the older messages at the top of the convo.

Upvote 0
I updated the PRL yesterday. Not sure what you mean by updating my profile.
Update profile...the option right above Update PRL

The timestamp issue is Sprint problem. It's happened to many people, myself included, too many times to count. Sprint can't ever offer a solution other than to hard reset the phone only to find it's the same issue again. I found the problem is also worse if your on roaming. The timestamp will be 12hrs off!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. Is there a work around for it?

I really appreciate all the help yall.

not sure if you have found a fix for this yet. but I found an app being a sprint customer care rep and dealing with this problem every other day on the evo. you can actually dl an app that fixes the timestamp its called "SMS Time Fix" just dl the app and go into it and set the time for however many hours it is ahead or behind. only fix that I have found so far. hope that helps... i am sure this has been posted before though. I actually think I read that somewhere on here before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones