1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Text messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by androjid, Jun 6, 2013.

1. androjid

androjid Lurker

it may sound weird but ill ask anyway: i typed a text the other day and i didnt want to send it right away for my own reasons. so the next day when i wanted to view my draft, and after i clicked on that person, draft was gone without deleting it. how is that possible? i didnt delete it, it was deleted by himself. now im afraid that maybe it was a glitch or something and that draft was sended. i checked my sms - call history and i cant find any signs of that msg being sent. but still, is it possible that my mobile could have send this by its own without me knowing it? and if it is, how do i check that.

2. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

Usually when you are typing a message and you don't want to send it you just have to press the back button and the message will get marked as DRAFT and will not be sent until you click the send button.
    There is also the case that in case you have not yet entered the recipient's name or number yet then when you click the back button you would be prompted to either discard or save the message as draft.
    Could it be that you did not entered the recipient yet and clicked discard in a hurry without realizing?
    Messages don't get sent by themselves. Even if they do, there should be a record of it.

3. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member

Hi Androjid,
    Drafts of text messages can be seen after opening your text icon, not within contacts. Can you tell if it isn't shown there?

4. androjid

androjid Lurker

ye i understand that. look, when i open my message box there are persons ( contacts ) that i chat with. and there was one person, and i wanted to send something, but i wasnt really sure if i should, so i just typed my text and saved it as draft, and later i decided not to send it and wanted to delete it.. so i went to my message box and i saw that person with draft message, i clicked on it cause i wanted to open it and delete it, but it didnt open at first, so when i clicked again, it was finally opened but draft message was gone... i didnt delete it myself.... the only problem is that that day i had problem with signal, my signal was blocked every few minutes, could that be the problem?

5. androjid

androjid Lurker

im only afraid that message was sent itself, cause i have no idea where it was gone. but like i said, if i check my history log i cant find it.

6. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

It probably got deleted, otherwise it would show up as a sent message.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews