1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support text messaging issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by android8314, Oct 29, 2012.

1. android8314

android8314 New Member

Oct 29, 2012
    i am using an optimus elite on virgin mobile.

right now i have two texting issues. first, sometimes when i am texting, it hangs after an "a" and won't allow me to continue typing. it goes back to the previous screen and saves the draft. then, if i go back to it, it autocorrects in bizarre ways so that i can't continue word by word. if i start with "i", it autocorrects as a "_". it's very frustrating. the second issue is that my phone no longer shows when i have received a text. sometimes it buzzes. so far it hangs at “a” and “w” and does this messed up autocorrect even when i turn those settings off in keyboard.

i used to have go sms installed because it seemed to work better, but recently i uninstalled that because i thought there might be a clash with the programs that was causing these issues. apparently not.

Advertisement

2. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2012
    You could try switching keyboards. I'm using Swype beta and it works well, but there are a bunch of other good ones in the market.

You mean it doesn't show in the notification bar when you receive a text? There should be a setting for that, probably in the messaging app.

3. android8314

android8314 New Member

Oct 29, 2012
    thanks for the suggestion! i'll try the new keyboard. i just realized the issue is beyond text messaging. when i was searching play store, i had the same problem.

4. ktb83

ktb83 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2012
    I hate Swype. Maybe I just don't know how to use it correctly/proficiently.

5. landonh12

landonh12 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Male
    10th Grade Student
    Gulfport, MS
    I use ICS keyboard. Its really nice, and I can see much more with suggestions off.