1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Text Messaging Problems

Discussion in 'Virgin Mobile' started by byulax22, Jun 4, 2011.

1. byulax22

byulax22 Member
    None

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I picked up my LG Optimus V today from Radio Shack, and am already having problems. I can only get text messages to send/receive from certain people. Has anyone else had this problem? My wife just signed up with Metro PCS, and none of hers come through to me, but mine can get to her. A few other people have tried to text me as well, and they won't come through. Any idea what's up?

Advertisement

2. zerogravity107

None

Jun 4, 2011
    Give it some time, maybe? I don't know if it has to do with the fact that it was just activated or not, but I've had issues with Verizon, where AT&T texts weren't going through. So it could be a carrier issue on your side or on the other.

Good luck.

3. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Sunset, Louisiana
    Many people have reported issues with Metro PCS texting. It seems they have issues sending texts to some of the other carriers, VM being one of them. They have no problems receiving texts from any carrier, it just seems to be on the sending side.

4. byulax22

byulax22 Member
    None

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I can't get any texts from my dad, who's on Verizon, or my friend who's on AT&T. makes no sense to me.

5. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Sunset, Louisiana
    Try using the activate app. This happens sometimes when the activation doesn't take all the way. It may take a few tries to get it to complete all the way, just keep trying until it finishes. Then have one of them send you a text and see if it works. If it still doesn't then you'll have to contact VM customer support. Good luck.