1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Text Messaging Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wolf Howl, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Wolf Howl

Wolf Howl Active Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Hello - newb here to this phone and forums. Tried searching for the answer and couldn't find it, but maybe I just used the wrong words?

Anyways, on every other phone I've ever had, text messaging had a regular group of folders such as Inbox, Sent, Deleted, Outbox, etc...I do not see this on my Eris. I can see the new ones of course but not sure where my sent items are (if anywhere?) and where my deleted items go (permanently deleted?).

I've had a couple of texts deleted that I needed later on but couldn't find so it's irritating enough to start searching for answers!

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    Enterprise Level NAS Tech Support
    Minnesota
    Messages are sorted by username

3. Wolf Howl

Wolf Howl Active Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Right, but when they are deleted where do they go? Are Sent messages saved anywhere else?

4. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    just like on a normal phone, if you deleted the text there is no way of getting back those texts.( at least i dont think there is)

and no, your sent messages are sent by contacts..so when you go in the folder with the texts to a certain contact, you can see all texts you have ever sent or received from the person.

5. Wolf Howl

Wolf Howl Active Member

Jan 18, 2010
    On my other phone (HTC Ozone) I would have deleted messages in a deleted folder and would need to periodically clean that out, sort of like a Windows Outlook inbox. Just making sure the same didn't exist on the Eris somewhere.

As far as the texts being on the contacts screen, that is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!!!!

6. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Clearwater, FL
    mm i dont think it saves deleted texts anywhere..i might be wrong though

7. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    No I don't think so.