• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text Messaging SMS bug in Froyo 2.2?

altjx

Mar 5, 2010
I'm trying to determine if this issue is just associated with Bugless Beast V0.1 FRF57 or if it's something in the 2.2 itself.

I got to about 300 text messages earlier, and got a message saying ".com.android.mms A large number of SMS messages are being sent. Select "ok" to continue or press "Cancel" to stop sending."

This pops up for every text message I send. Even when I clear my text messages, this comes up. I had to manually reboot my phone to clear that out. Not sure what was going on. Any ideas?

Yup you might want to look at your apps permissions and see what apps have the ability to send sms messages that don't seem like they should need to. And uninstall that app. Which just made me think of something that could be improved on Android OS. There really should be a way to sort applications by permissions. So if you want to display all apps that have sms permissions you could type that in and see what apps have that. I'm gonna go suggest that to google now o_O

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones