• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text Messaging

Trooper

Android Expert
Apr 11, 2010
Hey folks,

A few questions regarding text messaging with the X. I just got it the other day, so still tooling around menus and such, however.

Is there any way to change the color or get rid of the bubble look of the stock messaging app? I don't want to use Handcent or Chomp, so what are my options? (If any).

Also noticed on some but not all of the text messages I get, the CB# appears on each one. Now I saw the setting in messaging that you can disable that, but I think that is for my text messaging going out to the other person correct?

Is there any way to stop this from appearing in each text I receive? The weird thing is, it does not happen for all users in my contact list, just a few.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Hey folks,

A few questions regarding text messaging with the X. I just got it the other day, so still tooling around menus and such, however.

Is there any way to change the color or get rid of the bubble look of the stock messaging app? I don't want to use Handcent or Chomp, so what are my options? (If any).

Also noticed on some but not all of the text messages I get, the CB# appears on each one. Now I saw the setting in messaging that you can disable that, but I think that is for my text messaging going out to the other person correct?

Is there any way to stop this from appearing in each text I receive? The weird thing is, it does not happen for all users in my contact list, just a few.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

The CB number it determined by the person sending the message, as of yet I cannot find a way to disable this on the receiving end.

As for the notification, I take it you mean the notification, you can alter this by applying a MM theme just to the MMS apk. That would do it, but you have to be rooted.

Reactions: 2horses
Upvote 0
The CB number it determined by the person sending the message, as of yet I cannot find a way to disable this on the receiving end.

As for the notification, I take it you mean the notification, you can alter this by applying a MM theme just to the MMS apk. That would do it, but you have to be rooted.

Thanks for your reply. I wonder if this is just a Motorola thing because my Droid Incredible did not have this behavior. If you find a way to get rid of it, please let me know.

Sorry I was not talking about notifications. Its been a long day for me, Im shot.

I was just speaking strictly about the text messaging itself. When I look at a "thread" of text messages, they all appear with yellow and gray bubble type look found in handcent etc. Is my phone not supposed to look like this stock? If so, how can I change this?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies guys. I tried Handcent some months ago on my Incredible. I just did not care for it and it seemed buggy to me. That's why I want to stick with stock messaging, but was looking to see if the colors could be changed.

Maybe Froyo will bring something new. It changed things up a bit on the Incredible, maybe it will for us as well.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones