1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support text messaging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mzstaingang, Feb 15, 2011.

1. mzstaingang

mzstaingang Newbie

Hell everyone i'm with the cricket network and im trying to figure out whats going on my texts are coming and slow and seem like not @ all i don't know what to do its driving me crazy i have tried calling cricket but not getting an answer what do i do is anyone else having this problem.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Advertisement

2. Gleamor

Gleamor Lurker

Yea, my wife and I were trying to text each other tonight and between the two of us, we only got half our texts. I'm not sure what the issue is. Her and I have been cricket customers for some time now, but a few days ago, we both upgraded to the Huawei Ascend. Since, we've had more dropped calls and non-completed text msgs than ever before.

On the plus side, we have no complaints with the actual phones themselves.

3. mzstaingang

mzstaingang Newbie

This is sad might have to let it go because i cant live without texting and i realize i dont have call waiting have call cs they did some program it was working but now it dont smh

4. Lennatron

Lennatron Android Enthusiast

5. juniorcleff

juniorcleff Member

Mzstaingang, you called Cricket and got no answer? Was it a store you called? Try dialing 611 and ask to open a trouble ticket regarding SMS. You shouldn't be having text issues even in poorly covered areas as it takes minimal bandwidth

6. mzstaingang

mzstaingang Newbie

cs 611 and got no answer im going up to the store now

7. juniorcleff

juniorcleff Member

Wow. Thats hard to believe 611 didn't respond. It's an automated system that you eventually speak to a real person with. I have never had any issues whit it.

8. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

That's where you repeatedly hit * until the phone tree cries uncle and dials an operator. It could be that mzstaingang was simply on hold for a long time without getting a live person.

9. danaj

danaj Android Enthusiast

my boyfriend and I have been having the same problem. I have been with cricket a long time, and never had as many dropped texts. do you think it may be because they sold alot of these Ascends, and perhaps they are not ready for all the increased traffic?

10. juniorcleff

juniorcleff Member

Increased traffic wouldn't be much of an issue as SMS uses minimal bandwidth. The more I look into this (which is difficult because I, nor anyone I work with have had these issues with this device), the more it looks like an anomaly.