1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

text messaging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by emdmao, Jan 1, 2010.

1. emdmao

emdmao Android Enthusiast

Is there a setting on the Droid (or an app) to change how the text messaging display looks? I dont care much for the text bubbles in the chat log and would prefer just a simple list. Thanks for any help

2. icstars989

icstars989 Android Enthusiast

Are you using the something other than the stock Messaging app? I wasn't aware that the stock did chat bubbles.

3. boycan

boycan Member

Mine has no Bubbles and I don't remember seeing a setting to use them?

4. tpriddy

tpriddy Member

It sounds like you're describing Handcent. Try uninstalling or reconfiguring Handcent.

5. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

I recently just started using handcent, and the default is message bubbles. (I guess that's the best way to describe it.)

So I quickly took a peek under the hood of Handcent and played with some settings. COOL! Open up Handcent, make sure you're at the screen when you can see the list of your contacts/conversations. Press the Menu key > Settings > Conversation style > 4 choices (Handcent classic, Handcent, IPhone, and Android). Experiment and see what you like best.

6. emdmao

emdmao Android Enthusiast

Thanks, I wasn't aware that it might be handcent.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews