• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kithikor

Aug 27, 2012
The looks of the stock messaging is fine enough for me. However, when I get a text message, I want a solid light to come on phone showing me I have a new text message. I don't want my screen to turn on, I don't want an icon to show in the notification area that I have to clear out, and I would like to have custom sounds for my 3 family members and a general one for everyone else.

Does such a thing exist? I have tried Handsent SMS and Go SMS Pro, but they leave notification icons. I have used the Light Manager, that helps.

The looks of the stock messaging is fine enough for me. However, when I get a text message, I want a solid light to come on phone showing me I have a new text message. I don't want my screen to turn on, I don't want an icon to show in the notification area that I have to clear out, and I would like to have custom sounds for my 3 family members and a general one for everyone else.

Does such a thing exist? I have tried Handsent SMS and Go SMS Pro, but they leave notification icons. I have used the Light Manager, that helps.

I personally use Go SMS Pro. You can set individual notification sounds, etc...

For the individual notifications and what not, you just go to settings>Individual>Add> and then do your thing....

I don't think there is any app that you can disable the notification icon without disabling all notifications completely. I'm sure you could work something to hide it when you root, but why? You don't have to manually clear each notification from the notification bar as it will automatically clear when you read the text.

Go SMS Pro allows you to set the length between LED flashes on notification. You simply select LED Blink Rate>Custom>Time On = 30000 (or something crazy big like that) > and them Time Off = 0.

Kratos

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones