1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

text msg from S@

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by james_uk, Feb 5, 2011.

1. james_uk

james_uk Android Enthusiast

About once a week i keep getting a txt msg and it says its from S@ well its not actually a S, but i cannot get the symbol to paste into this text, i have found the symbol on character map but it just will not paste properly, S is the closest thing it looks like, its as is the bottom part of where the S ends turns up and touches the top left of the S. the topic of the text is always reads ∆@:

There is never any text in the message part of the msg and no number appears, i usually just delete the msg, my phone doesnt seem to notify me when i get this either, it doesnt vibrate or give me the text notification sound, i just look at my phone and it shows 1 new text and look and thats there, it happens about once a week.

I dont know if this is something about the phone or my network provider which is orange.

thanks

James

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. arkazain

arkazain Well-Known Member

Can you take a picture of it and post it here?

3. james_uk

4. czechplastik

czechplastik Android Enthusiast

What information do you get when you hold the text until the menu option pops up and you select message details?

5. james_uk

it says:

type: sms message
    received: thursday 3rd feb

6. I used to get that, but i think it was something to do with sense as once i changed to a vanilla rom it stopped.

But i know not everyone gets it so im not sure. I do know that i just left it and that was it. Only when i deleted it and then restarted my phone i got the blank message again.

7. arkazain

arkazain Well-Known Member

Have you ever had two of these messages on the same time, or do you only get one after you delete it?

8. james_uk

i generaly just delete it as soon as i get it, i have never just left it in my msgs, just always wondered why i get it and what it is.

9. Nasalhair

Nasalhair Guest

They correspond to voicemail messages. Look back and you'll find you received a voicemail at the time the text was received. Just delete them.

Sprawlsy likes this.
  10. broads desire

broads desire Well-Known Member

i used to get these aswell and im on orange.. jus deleted them after being confused...

mine were multi media messages though not jus sms

and my mater also gets them on his wildfire and hes on orange.. maybe its an orange thing?

11. ianb11

ianb11 Android Enthusiast

What he said.

I always get them after a voicemail msg has been left.

Don't know why though.

12. RedBob62

RedBob62 Member

I am also getting these messages and am also on Orange. I'd be interested to know if anyone who is not on Orange is getting them.

13. czechplastik

czechplastik Android Enthusiast

On O2 and never saw these texts.

14. he who dares

he who dares Lurker

I am on orange and i get it, very annoying.

15. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Always get it after receiving or sending a pic message. Which BTW doesn't work anymore.:(.

16. KING LUFF

KING LUFF Well-Known Member

I get them, all the time, bit annoying but not the end of the world!

17. andyroo82

andyroo82 Lurker

I find they always appear after I have restarted the phone

18. nicmel

nicmel Well-Known Member

its a sim message, so will reappear after deleting the voice mail if you reboot your phone without deleting the text.

open your messages app,
    go to settings
    manage sim card messages
    delete messages

problem solved - at least until you get another voice mail :p

RedBob62 likes this.
  19. confuzled

confuzled Lurker

I'm so glad this happens to other people too! I'm on orange and I get two or three of these a week! They don't correspond to voicemail messages or text messages, I've been told by orange it's a sim update?
    They're really annoying, on two occasions, receiving these texts coincided with my entire inbox deleting itself!

P.S. I get more than one combination of symbols

20. RedBob62

RedBob62 Member

Cheers Nicmel,

As you say they are SIM messages so mystery of what is generating them is solved. At least I now know there is nothing malicious behind them even if I cannot stop receiving them.

Bob

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews