1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Text Msg notification

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hipsigti, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Hipsigti

Hipsigti Newbie

How would i lengthen the time the screen stays lit up when i get a text message? I hate that before i can get my phone out of my pocket the screen has already went back to sleep. what are my options remember i just came from a iPhone so be gentle lol thanks guys.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Talderon

Talderon Android Expert

Not sure there is an option for that in Stock, however, you might want to try Handcent SMS as it allows more control in that sense and you can even set up a Pop-Up windows that allows you to read/respond to the text message without having to go into the app as well.

(edit): On a side note, we don't beat people up here, we enjoy helping, especially those pesky iPhone converts... :p (j/k)

3. Hipsigti

Hipsigti Newbie

Thanks i have noticed the people here are more laid back. i am a amateur photographer and go on Dpreview.com and wow you make a post on there and you better be ready for much hate lol. so this forum is refreshing for sure.

4. caryrae73

caryrae73 Member

It is weird sometimes when the screen wakes up it will stay on for a few seconds and sometimes stay on longer.

Samsung Galaxy Note LTE Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews