• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text notification on lock screen problem?

james_uk

Android Enthusiast
May 27, 2010
Hi, can anyone else confirm if the notification that pops up on the lock screen when you get a text works?

When i get a text i have tried swiping it, tapping it, about 80% of the time nothing at all happens, then suddenly out the blue if will then go to my texts from it, i'm a bit confused with it.

can anyone offer any help?

James

I was confused too....

The only thing that seems to work for me is to tap the notification box and then the following appears and then swipe as it says

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368801096.483488.jpg

I've cropped off the name at the top of the text message

Upvote 0
thanks tomo, i will look at it the next text i get, just seems a bit awkward doesn't it.

I am having the same issue, talked to samsung about it but they seemed a little clueless. mine also pops up the box with the white outline. they told me to swipe it up but that doesn't work. and just like you randomly it just works. but double tapping like samsung told me to do doesn't work cause it brings that box with the white outline to the forefront on the first tap. its very frustrating.

Have you found a solution to this?

Upvote 0
This got me too, what you do is tap the notification, and the white box will appear at the bottom, you then have to swipe in this box (as if you were unlocking this phone). I think it's a good way to do it. If your phone is set to swipe to unlock, at least it stops you getting into your phone by just tapping.

So yeah, you just tap the notification and then swipe in the white box.

Upvote 0
I've found a strange thing with this I think you will all appreciate. I've noticed that you can't tap the notification, but I never knew about the double tap, I'll have to try that (Just tried, double tap doesn't work on notification....VZ here)

Anyways, I found that once you swipe the notification and then swipe again to go to a different lock screen page, that when you swipe back to the notification you can now just tap it once to open. So that's what the weirdness is. You should be able to just tap it once. You can alternatively just pull down the notification bar and tap the message.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones