1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Text problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kaylesh, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Kaylesh

Kaylesh Member
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    Recently I have been having problems in that once i receive a text and have viewed it and cleared my notification area. That same text comes back sometimes hours and sometimes a day or two later in the notification area. I use Handcent and as I said it has only started happening in the last month maybe.
    Anyone have ANY idea what is going on and how to sort it? Im finding it really annoying to receive the same texts over n over again. grrrrr
    Thanks in Advance
    Kay

Advertisement

2. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    Do the texts have the current time and date when you receive them or do they show the same time and date you received the original...but just appear late.

If the messages are showing exactly the same time and date in Messaging as they do in Handcent, then I have a feeling it might be the service provider.

Check how many messages you sent last month and check your phone bill, do the number of txts match?

And it is only on receiving? Is it only on receiving texts from specific people? Or receiving texts from a specific cell provider?

Anyone else know what it could be?

3. Kaylesh

Kaylesh Member
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    Hiya and thanks for the quick reply.. The texts show the same time as the original and it happens with both messaging and in handcent so i'm starting to think it might be the provider but before i deal with the lovely call centres i thought i'd through it out the the knowledgeable crew in here :) So thanks for any other input. Only on receiving and its from anyone ..

4. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    They will probably ask you if these txts are from specific people or if they are from a specific provider....or even if they happen at a specific time of day.