• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text screen too small

evlwhtguy

Lurker
Nov 9, 2016
Love my s6 phone, and I really love texting. It is fabulous for business as you can text someone who is in a meeting...and they can get it....much better than an e-mail or a call or message.

My problem is that the screen with the message is too small. Even when dictating, you can't see much of the message and when you try to edit your fingers are too big to click on the correct spot. Often a message goes out with a wrong word and you didn't notice because you can only see like 10 words of the message at the same time before you actually send.

Is there a way to make the box below the screen...the one with the picture of the microphone smaller? That would really help. There is no reason for it to be as large as a keyboard box.

you can also try different keyboard apps, I am currently using Swype which has a bit tinier footprint.

* Swype Keyboard Trial - Android Apps on Google Play

I enjoy this one because I can swipe my messages almost as fast as I can talk.
gotta watch and preview before you send it out, word substitution is not a Perfect Art yet.

But, over time, it learns how you talk, and will pick the 'logical' word for the grammar context "most of the time"...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones